on April 07, 2014
Lemon-Blueberry Muffins with Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups blueberries, thawed if frozen, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup milk
oven to 400 degrees and grease standard muffin tin or line with papers.
Combine 1 cup blueberries with 1 teaspoon sugar in small saucepan.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, smashing with the back of a
spoon, until broken down and reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool to room
flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk remaining 3/4 cup
sugar and eggs in a medium bowl until homogenized. Slowly add butter
and olive oil, whisking until combined. Whisk in milk until combined. Gently
fold wet ingredients and remaining 1 cup blueberries into flour mixture
just until moistened.
batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Spoon a teaspoon of cooked
berry mixture into center of each muffin. Using a skewer, gently swirl
berry mixture into batter.
- Bake until golden and just firm, about 18-20 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Charlotte Abrams