We made it with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Course: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 cups dry Macaroni shells
- 1/4 cup Calivirgin Premium Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour separated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
Cook pasta according to package. Drain, rinse with cold water and keep in colander until ready to use.
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in heavy cream, stirring constantly until thickened (this can take up to 15 minutes).
Remove from heat. Stir in shredded cheese until melted and smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently fold in macaroni until completely covered in cheese sauce.
Allow pasta to sit for a few minutes so macaroni shells slightly absorb the cheese. Serve while warm and cheesy! Garnish with red pepper flakes if desired.
Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil