Made with our Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 (4 ounce) Filet Mignon Steaks
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Calivines Petite Sirah
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar and red wine. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoons of glaze over each.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the butter and Calivirgin Guilty Garlic Olive Oil. Add the mushrooms and thyme. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the mushrooms start to become tender and the outsides golden a bit.
- Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add in the Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar. Stir while cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Spoon mushrooms over filets and serve.
Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar