We made it with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Servings: 12 | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 32 min
- 1 ¾ cups white or whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- Optional: Sprinkle 1 teaspoon raw sugar & 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats on top
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If necessary, grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, ⅓ cup oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Calivirgin olive oil, maple syrup and eggs. Beat together with a whisk. Add the yogurt and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a big spoon, just until combined (a few lumps are ok). Gently fold the strawberries into the batter. The mixture will be thick, but don’t worry.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups. They will be full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oats, followed by the raw sugar. Bake the muffins for 19 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy!
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil