Made with our Calivinegar Prosecco White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3 lemons, cut in half
- 6-8 artichokes
- ⅓ cup Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- For the artichokes: In a large pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil over medium-high heat. Juice the lemons into the water and add the squeezed lemon shells.
- Using kitchen scissors, remove the thorns from the tips of the artichoke leaves. Cut the artichoke stems to ½-inch long. Cut each artichoke in half, using a paring knife, remove the fuzzy choke. Place the artichokes in the pot and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and steam until the artichoke hearts are tender, about 20 minutes. Using tongs, remove the artichokes and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Preaheat oven to broil on high. Drizzle both sides of the artichokes with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with the chopped garlic and rosemary. Broil for 5-7 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool slightly.
- For the vinaigrette: In a medium bowl, whisk together the creme fraiche, Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Calivinegar Prosecco White Wine Vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Arrange the artichokes on a platter and serve the vinaigrette alongside as a dipping sauce!
Prosecco White Wine Vinegar