We made it with our Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
Yields: 2 cups | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 15 min
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 ground allspice
- Optional: Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Slice the top and bottom of the onion and then slice onion in half, from top to bottom. Remove outer peel. Lay the cut surfaces of the onion on the cutting board, then slice the onion thinly. (You can also use a mandolin for this).
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Place over medium-high heat and bring mixture to a boil. Whisk until sugar and salt dissolve, then remove pan from heat and whisk in all spice and red pepper flake, if needed.
- Carefully add sliced onion to the pan and gently stir to combine. Let mixture cool completely at room temperature, stirring occasionally. Pour into glass container, cover tightly with a lid and refridgerate until thoroughly chilled. Enjoy for up to one month.
Red Wine Vinegar