Made with our Calivines Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup Calivines Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch diagonal slices
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅔ cup frozen peas
- Add Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large skillet and place over high heat. Add chicken pieces and generously season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer to a large 6 or 8-quart slow cooker. Add chicken broth, Calivines Chardonnay, worcestershire sauce, Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar, thyme, rosemary, dried oregano and salt and pepper. Stir together with the chicken until combined, then add in garlic, onion chunks, carrots and diced potatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Next, remove ½ cup of chicken broth from the slow cooker and transfer to a medium sized bowl. Stir in milk and whisk in flour until there aren't any lumps remaining. Add mixture back to slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Stir in frozen peas and cook uncovered on high for 15-20 more minutes until chicken stew thickens up a bit.
- Serve immediately with fresh thyme, and toasted french bread.