Made with our Calivines Chardonnay
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 piece of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 shallot, well chopped
- 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper
- ½ cup Calivines Chardonnay
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick ribbons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground pepper and salt, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Boil water inside a large and deep skillet. Cook the pasta till it becomes tender. Reserve some of the pasta water and drain.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and broil on high heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Using the flat side of a mallet batter the chicken. Sprinkle with pepper and salt. Heat your skillet to medium and add 1 tablespoon Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil as well as the chicken. Cook chicken for about 8 to 12 minutes or continue to cook till the temperature reads 165°F. Ensure you flip after some time as you cook. When the chicken is done, transfer to cutting board and cut into large pieces.
- Return skillet to heat and melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat. Add the kale and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic, shallots and red pepper flakes, then sauté for about 2 minutes. Lower heat to a simmer, then add Calivines Chardonnay and reduce for about 5 minutes. Stir in the half and half, chicken parmesan cheese and roasted tomatoes.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.