We made it with our Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
- 2 tablespoons Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Calivirgin Bountiful Basil Olive Oil
- 2 beefsteak (or any other large variety) tomatoes, stemmed, washed and dried
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed, washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- 4 strawberries, hulled, washed and cut into very small pieces
- Maldon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons superfine (or granulated) sugar
- 6 ounces cold watermelon, rind removed, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
Optional: Add feta on top
- In a bowl, whisk together the balsamic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- Place the tomatoes on a flat surface. Cut the smaller ones in half and larger ones into slices. Arrange all of them in a single layer, flesh side up. Season them with salt, black pepper and sugar. Drizzle the tomatoes with the dressing. Toss them with the tarragon and strawberries.
- Arrange the tomatoes down the length of 6 rectangular plates. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and top with the watermelon. Serve immediately.
Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar