We made it with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Calivirgin Champagne Vinegar
Course: Appetizer / Side Dish
Prep Time: 15 min
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 pound bag of fresh brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese finely grated
- 3/4 cup Calivirgin Premium Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Calivinegar Organic Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
Remove the rib from the kale, and thoroughly wash. Slice in bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Wash and remove any discolored leaves and stems from the brussels sprouts and slice. Place in the bowl with the kale. Add the almonds and Pecorino Romano cheese. Dress before serving.
For the dressing; In a small bowl or a jar, place the Calivirgin Organic Champagne Vinegar, garlic, shallots, dijon mustard, black pepper and whisk of shake in the Calivirgin Olive Oil.
Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The Kale for this recipe has several names. It produces a delicious salad whichever the variety of Tuscan, Lacinato or Dinosaur you choose – all the same, just different names.
Recipe by Carole