We made it with our Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 45 min
- 1 tablespoon of Calivirgin Jalapeno Garlic Olive Oil (or Calivirgin Garlic Olive Oil for less kick)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (16 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- Drizzle with Calivirgin Jalapeno Garlic Olive Oil for extra flavor
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Break apart. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained beans, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil