Made with our Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 yellow onions, julienne
- ¼ cup garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 ounce basil leaves
- 5 over ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sourdough baguette, cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a large pot, sweat onions, garlic, chili flakes, fennel seed and basil leaves in the olive oil over medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, salt and stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add bread and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Garnish with saba or Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic and basil.
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Recipe by Randall Selland of Selland's Family Restaurants | Ella • The Kitchen • Selland's Market