We made it with our Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 45 min
- 1 cup Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 yellow onions, julienne
- 1/4 cup garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flake
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 ounce basil leaves
- 5 over ripened tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sourdough baguette cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a large pot, sweat onions, garlic, chili flakes, fennel seed and basil leaves in the olive oil over medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, salt and stock and bring it to a simmer.
- Add bread and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Pass soup through food mill (or large die ricer) and stir well.
- Garnish with saba (or Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic) and micro basil.
Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Recipe by Randall Selland of Selland's Family Restaurants | Ella • The Kitchen • Selland's Market