Made with our Calivirgin Rustic Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick rounds (12 to 16 slices)
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Calivirgin Rustic Rosemary Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Red-pepper flakes, to taste
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- ⅓ cup fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
- Optional: lemon or lime wedges, for serving
- Sprinkle eggplant lightly with fine sea salt, and let sit while you heat a 12-inch skillet over medium.
- In a bowl, crack two eggs and whisk. In another bowl, pour panko breadcrumbs.
- In an assembly, dip the eggplant into the egg and then breadcrumbs.
- When skillet is hot, add Calivirgin Rustic Rosemary Olive Oil and heat until shimmering. Arrange eggplant in a single layer in the skillet and fry until softened and golden brown on all sides, turning them often, for about 9 to 15 minutes total.
- Transfer eggplant as it cooks to a paper towel-lined plate, and sprinkle very lightly with more fine sea salt.
- After all the eggplant is cooked, reduce heat under pan to low, add garlic and a little more oil and cook until just golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer garlic to the paper towel-lined plate.
- Spread ricotta on a serving plate. Top with fried eggplant and garlic. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, flaky sea salt and rosemary sprigs.
- Serve immediately, with lemon or lime wedges and enjoy!
Rustic Rosemary Olive Oil
Recipe inspired by The Practical Kitchen