We made it with our Calivinegar Blood Orange Balsamic
Servings: 6 | Prep Time: 5 min | Total Time: 35 min
- 1 pound okra, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 1 ½ tablespoons Blood Orange Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- Orange slices and fresh ground pepper, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Toss the okra with the olive oil and sea salt and spread them out on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Roast the okra for 25 minutes.
- While the okra is roasting, prepare the glaze. In a small frying pan over high heat, add the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic. Bring it to a boil and let it boil rapidly, whisking occasionally until it has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. If it reduces a little too much, just add another splash of orange juice or water.
- Once the okra is nicely browned remove it from the oven and toss it with the orange glaze. Serve the okra with orange slices and a little fresh ground pepper.
Blood Orange Balsamic Vinegar
Recipe inspired by The Endless Meal