We made it with our Lodi Olive Oil Miller's Blend
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 5 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Lodi Olive Oil Miller's Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice or medium-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup Calivines Sauvignon Blanc
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus pieces on cookie sheet, drizzle with Lodi Olive Oil Miller's Blend to coat, place in 425º oven for 5-10 minutes until tender.
- Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a saucepan. Reduce heat to low and keep broth hot. Heat Lodi Olive Oil Millers Blend in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add rice and stir 3 minutes. Add Calivines Sauvignon Blanc and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Continue cooking until rice is tender but still slightly firm in center and mixture is creamy, adding chicken broth 1 cup at a time and stirring almost constantly, about 20 minutes. Add roasted asparagus pieces and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Season risotto to taste with salt and pepper.
Lodi Olive Oil Miller's Blend