Made with our Calivinegar Prosecco Wine Vinegar
Fish & Chips
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup Calivinegar Prosecco White Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 1 pound white fish (such as cod or haddock), cut into 4-6 pieces
- Oil, for frying
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Calivinegar Prosecco White Wine Vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the vinegar, cold water, and egg, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer or large, heavy-bottomed pot to 350°F.
- Dip the fish pieces into the batter, letting any excess drip off, and then carefully lower them into the hot oil. Fry until the fish is golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Increase the oil temperature to 375°F. Fry the potatoes in batches until they are crispy and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Season with salt to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonaise, sweet pickle relish, minced onion, lemon juice, and prosecco vinegar until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve tartar sauce alongside fish and chips for dipping!
Prosecco White Wine Vinegar