We made it with Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Calivines Sauvignon Blanc
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
• 3 pounds (1.4 kg) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or breasts
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2-3 whole heads of garlic, cloves separated (40 cloves), peeled
• Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Calivines Sauvignon Blanc
• 6 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- Trim the chicken pieces of excess fat. Sprinkle them lightly with salt. Let sit at room temp while you peel the garlic.
- Lightly smash the garlic cloves with the side of a heavy chef's knife, just enough to break the cloves.
- Heat 1 Tbsp Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Dutch oven (or a large thick-bottom pan with a tight fitting cover) on medium high heat. Working in batches, brown the chicken pieces on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Lay the chicken pieces on the hot oil, do not move until browned, then turn over to other side using tongs. Remove from pan when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add Calivines Sauvignon Blanc wine, thyme, chicken, cook until done: Add the wine and the sprigs of thyme. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces, skin-side-up. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 160-165°F.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken pieces to a platter; spoon garlic sauce over the chicken.
- If you want, you can thicken the sauce with a little flour, cornstarch, or cream. As it is, it works great over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. (Skip starches for low carb option.)
Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil