Made with our Calivines Sauvignon Blanc
• 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or breasts
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2-3 whole heads of garlic, 40 cloves separated and peeled
• 1 tablespoon Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 ¼ cups Calivines Sauvignon Blanc
• 6 large sprigs of fresh thyme
- Trim the chicken pieces of excess fat. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Let sit at room temp while you peel the garlic.
- Lightly smash the garlic cloves.
- Heat Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a Dutch oven on medium high heat. Working in batches, brown the chicken pieces on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan when browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add Calivines Sauvignon Blanc and the sprigs of thyme. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken pieces, skin-side-up. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Chicken is done when a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 160-165°F.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can thicken the sauce with a little flour or cornstrach, if needed.
- Transfer chicken pieces to a platter; spoon garlic sauce over the chicken. Enjoy!