Made with our Calivines Merlot
- 1 lemon
- 2 oranges
- 8-10 cloves
- 1 bottle Calivines Merlot
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- ½ cup of sugar
- Optional: 1 ⅛ cup orange flavored triple sec liqueur
- Remove zest from one of your oranges and from your lemon in thin strips. Squeeze the zested orange.
- Push the cloves into your second orange. If you're struggling to push the cloves through the orange skin, pierce with a toothpick or skewer first.
- Put the orange and lemon zest, orange juice, clove-studded orange, cinnamon sticks, star anise, most of the sugar and your Calivines Merlot into a pan over low heat. Stir gently until the sugar dissolves.
- Add orange flavored iquor and let simmer.
- Turn up the heat and leave for about 15-20 minutes, but don't let bubble or boil. When it starts to steam turn off the heat.
- Taste, and add more of the sugar if needed.
- Allow the wine to cool slightly before ladling into glasses.