We made it with our Lemon & Basil Olive Oil
Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 1 cup Calivirgin Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Calivirgin Basil Olive Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Limoncello (Gran Marnier may be substiuted)
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups & 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Add a circle of parchment paper to the base of a 9-inch springform pan and spray the parchment paper and the sides of the pan very well with cooking spray; set aside. It is important to make sure to only use a springform pan for this cake to allow for rising.
- To a large bowl, add the olive oil nad eggs, then whisk well to emulsify and inorporate.
- Add the milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Limoncello, then whisk until incorporated; don't overmix. The batter is on the thin side; this is normal. Pour batter into prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet as insurance against a leaky springform panand bake for about 65-75 minutes. Start checking after 60 minutes since all ovens vary. Cake will be golden browned and domed in the center when done, and a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the cake to cool in the springform pan for about an hour before releasing it and allow the cake to finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar prior to serving.
Calivirgin Lemon Olive Oil