Made with our Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 ribs celery
- ½ green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Hamburger buns
- Very finely mince the onion, carrot, green pepper, celery, and garlic.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil along with the minced veggies. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until veggies soften but don’t brown. Season the veggies with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey to the pot. Stir it constantly to break up the turkey. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add the ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar, and brown sugar to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer the sloppy joes mixture, stirring regularly, for 6 to 8 minutes until mixture is thick.
- Serve sloppy joes on soft hamburger buns!
Red Wine Vinegar