Made with our Calivines Pinot Noir
- 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 bone-in T-bone pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 16 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 ½ cups Calivines Pinot Noir
- ½ cup beef broth, plus more if needed
- 1 tablespoon Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy skillet over high heat. Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops and sear them until they're nice and golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Remove the chops from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high heat, then throw in the whole cloves of garlic. Stir around until golden brown, couple minutes. Pour in red wine, then add bay leaf. Stir until sauce is reduced and thick, several minutes.
- Stir in beef broth and add the chops back to the skillet, arranging them so they are surrounded by sauce. Cook the chops in the sauce for a few minutes, then add Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar. Shake skillet to distribute sauce around pan, then cook for a few more minutes, or until chops are done.
- Remove chops from skillet and let the sauce reduce if needed, until very thick and garlic is soft. Swirl in the remaining 1 tablespoons of butter and sprinkle in a little salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the pan, then add sliced mushrooms and cook until nicely colored and saturated with butter, about 3-5 minutes.
- Top pork chops with mushrooms and serve.