Made with our Calivirgin Habanero Olive Oil
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Habanero Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, cut apart at joint
- 1–2 teaspoons. toasted sesame seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- In a bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, soy sauce, Calivirgin Habanero Olive Oil, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and salt.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with few sheets of paper towel and place in a rectangular dish so they are laying flat. Pour the marinade over the chicken and toss around to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Remove the wings from the marinade, reserving the marinade, and arrange them on the prepared pan. Season the top of the wings with fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced to a syrupy sauce, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the wings from the oven and brush the tops with the reduced marinade. Flip the wings over, brush the second sides with the marinade and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Return to the oven and bake until cooked through about 7-10 minutes. Garnish with green onions before serving.
Recipe inspired by Little Broken
Habanero Olive Oil