Made with our Calivinegar Pear Balsamic Vinegar
Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 large red or yellow beets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini sesame seed paste
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoons Calivinegar Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wrap the beets and garlic cloves in a piece of tin foil. Place the beets on a baking sheet and roast until soft, about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Allow the beets to cool and then peel/rub the skin away. Remove the skins of the garlic cloves.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, almond butter, miso paste, crushed red pepper flakes and lemon juice. Puree the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Add ⅓ cup water and puree until smooth. Add the roasted beets and garlic. Stream in the Calivinegar Pear Balsamic Vinegar. With the machine running stream in the Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil until smooth and creamy. If the hummus is too thick for your liking, thin with water or extra olive oil, adding about 1 tablespoon at a time until your desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and season as desired with salt and pepper. To serve, sprinkle with toasted seeds and drizzle with Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil.
Recipe inspired by Half-Baked Harvest