Made with our Calivirgin Serrano Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Serrano Olive Oil
- 4 pounds piece brisket flat, trimmed
- 4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- Heat Calivirgin Serrano Olive Oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the brisket all over with 3 teaspoons of the salt and 2 teaspoons of the pepper. Cook the brisket, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer the brisket to a large plate; set aside.
- Return the Dutch oven with the drippings to medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in 2 cups of water, Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar, oregano, cumin, the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon pepper. Nestle the meat in the pan.
- Bring the broth to a simmer over medium-heat. Cover and decrease the heat to low to maintain a low simmer. Cook until the brisket is fork tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the brisket in the Dutch oven. Cover and keep warm over low.
- Use Calivirgin Pickled Red Onions recipe.
- Place the shredded brisket in warm corn tortillas. Garnish with the pickled red onions and your favortie toppings.
Serrano Olive Oil