Made with our Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ large butternut squash, peeled and chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chopped butternut squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Add Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Toss to combine. Roast until tender, approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 6-8 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet. Add onion and cook for about 6-8 minutes until translucent. Add chopped sage and cook for one more minute. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add the slightly cooled squash to a food processor and puree until smooth. Slowly drizzle in ¼ cup of reserved pasta water and pulse.
- Add squash purée, egg yolks, and Parmesan cheese into the skillet with onion and sage. Use a whisk to combine while everything is still warm — it will slightly cook the eggs.
- Add pasta and bacon and toss to combine. (If pasta sauce is too thick, slowly drizzle in more of the reserved cooking liquid).
- Plate pasta on individual plates or in bowls and top with additional Parmesan cheese, chopped sage, and freshly grated black pepper. Serve immediately.
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil