Made with our Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil
For the Steak:
- 2 boneless ribeye steaks, about 1" thick
- 1 tablespoon Calivinegar Barrel- Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to coat
- Salt and pepper, to season
For the Chimichurri:
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- ¼ cup Calivirgin Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Add the parsley, cilantro, shallot, jalapeño, garlic, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper to a food processor. Pulse for 5-10 seconds to combine. With the food processor running, slowly add the Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar, Calivinegar Red Wine Vinegar and then Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil until blended. Set aside.
- Prior to cooking, let the steaks sit out for about 30 minutes to bring them to room temperature. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar and just enough Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat.
- Heat a grill-pan over medium heat. Add the steaks to the pan. Cook 4-5 minutes, then flip the steaks and cook an additional 5-6 minutes. Remove from the pan, and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Slice the meat in thin strips and drizzle with the chimichurri sauce. Serve immediately, with more chimichurri sauce on the side.
Jalapeño Garlic Olive Oil