We made it with our Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Total Time: 45 min
For the vegetable skewers
- 4 medium red onion
- 4 medium zucchini - sliced
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 orange bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 green bell pepper
- Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil - for brushing
- Calivinegar Barrel-Aged Balsamic Vinegar
For the Garlic Herb Sauce
- 1/3 cup Calivirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley - minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary - minced
- salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Soak approximately 8-12 wooden skewers in water for at least 15-30 minutes. The total number of skewers will vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the vegetable, the size of your vegetable pieces, etc.
- Prepare the vegetables for the skewers. For each red onion, first peel, then slice in half. Chop each half into thirds, as if you were cutting a pizza (6 total pieces from one onion). Seed and chop each bell pepper into approximatey 1-inch by 1-inch pieces. Finally, chop the zucchini into rounds.
- Prepare the Garlic Herb Sauce - in a medium size bowl whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Skewer the vegetables by alternating between red onion, zucchini, and the different colored bell pepper. Brush skewers with a light layer of olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, add skewers and grill for approximately 5-8 minutes per side, or until vegetables are just softening and browning around the edges.
- Remove from heat, brush with garlic herb sauce and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, if desired. Enjoy!
Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil