Made with our Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, grated or minced
- Scallions, thinly-sliced
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and egg in a small bowl until smooth. Add the chicken and toss thoroughly until coated. Place the cornstarch in a bowl. Then dip the chicken pieces in the cornstarch, working a few pieces at a time and tossing until coated on all sides, until all of the chicken has been coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 3 to 5 minutes until golden and crispy on all sides and cooked through. Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon Calivirgin Lusty Lemon Olive Oil to the pan along with the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 30 to 60 seconds, stirring frequently, until the garlic is lightly golden. Then pour in the lemon sauce and add the chicken. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and turns into a sticky coating for the chicken.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, garnished with scallions.
Lusty Lemon Olive Oil