Made with our Calivirgin Bountiful Basil Olive Oil
- 2 cups basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup parmesan, finely
- ½ cup Calivirgin Bountiful Basil Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- Place the basil, garlic, pine nuts, and parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add Calivirgin Bountiful Basil Olive Oil
- in a thin, steady stream until well combined and a smooth paste forms. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an airtight container and pour over a little extra oil to cover the pesto surface (this will prevent the basil from oxidizing and turning black).
- Toss this pesto with a big bowl of pasta or add it as a flavoring to your favorite meat or fish dish!
Bountiful Basil Olive Oil