Made with our Calivirgin Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 ½ pounds leeks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Calivirgin Truffle Olive Oil, for topping
- Chives, for topping
- Cut the dark green part off of the leek, then cut off the root. Then, cut the leeks in half and rinse them well. Cut them in half again, down the middle, and chop them.
- In a large pot and melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the leeks and a teaspoon of salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. In the last thirty seconds, add in minced garlic.
- Lower the heat to medium low and cook the leeks for 25 minutes longer. Stir occasionally.
- While the leeks are cooking, peel, and finely dice the yukon gold potatoes.
- When the leeks are finished, add the potatoes and chicken broth to the pot. Bring this mixture to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree the mixture using an immersion blender. Add half and half, lemon juice. Blend until incorporated
- Drizzle with Calivirgin Truffle Olive Oil and top with chives, serve immediately!
Truffle Olive Oil