We made it with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Calivirgin White Truffle Oil
Servings: 12-14 | Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 30 min
- 8 ounce container jumbo lump crab meat
- 15 ounce can whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Calivirgin Premium Olive Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Calivirgin White Truffle Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic crushed or minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Begin by preparing the aioli. In a small mixing bowl stir all aioli ingredients until well combined.
In another, large mixing bowl, combine all crab cake ingredients except for the olive oil, stirring until well mixed. Next, using damp hands form the crab cake mixture into patties — about 2″ in diameter — then rest on a clean plate or cutting board.
Pre-heat a cast iron skillet over a medium-high flame for 2 minutes, then swirl with olive oil to coat the bottom. Three patties at a time, fry the crab cakes for 3 – 4 minutes on either side until crisp and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then repeat until all cakes are cooked, adding more olive oil to the skillet for each new batch.
Serve immediately, pairing with truffle aioli on the side for dipping! These can be frozen in a ziploc bag and reheated at 350F whenever you want them — They stay nice for over a month.
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Recipe by Christine from WRY TOAST