Made with our Calivirgin White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 8-ounce container jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel sweet corn
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for frying
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 ½ teaspoons Calivirgin White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic, crushed or minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In a small mixing bowl stir all aioli ingredients until well combined.
- In another, large mixing bowl, combine all crab cake ingredients except for the olive oil, stirring until well mixed.
- Using damp hands, form the crab cake mixture into patties, about 2″ in diameter. Rest on a clean plate or cutting board.
- Pre-heat a cast iron skillet over a medium-high flame for 2 minutes, then swirl with Calivirgin Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat the bottom.
- Fry the crab cakes for about 3–4 minutes, three patties at a time, on either side until crisp and cooked through.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then repeat until all cakes are cooked, adding more to the skillet for each new batch.
- Serve immediately, pairing with truffle aioli on the side for dipping!
Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil